How would you like to stay away from major earthquake without experiencing serious damages? Knowing where the common trouble spots in your home and outside building can effectively help you in avoiding serious injuries and damages during an earthquake. A little knowledge as well as humble precautions can help you to survive when big earthquake strikes. Use these simple ways to survive earthquake and these are as follows.
Before the Earthquake
- Be always prepared with all your actions. Know how to act in order to make your response be automatic. Identify safe places in your area to drop, cover and hold on. You need to be aware on at least two ways on how to exit on the place you are situated.
- Stock up on several emergency supplies. Keep all the basic supply at hand such as first aid kit, flashlight, whistle, goggles, gloves, sturdy shoes as well as blankets. Plan ahead of time as if water and food may not be available for about twenty four hours and all other supplies for three days.
- Arrange your area for safety. Make sure that the large file of cabinets, cases and all other heavy objects are anchored accordingly. Store those heavy objects on low shelves and breakable objects on cabinets having latches. Use normal working process to let furniture anchored.
During an Earthquake
- Remain calm as earthquake occurs. A cool head can completely prevent panic. If you are situated indoors and the shaking occurs, you need to stay in the place where you are. Move away from unsecured and tall furniture and windows. Drop, cover and hold on under a strong desk, table or even interior wall. Protect your neck, head and face. Stay under cover until the debris settles and the shaking stops.
- If you are situated in the outdoor area, you need to move towards an open area away from those falling hazards such as power lines, trees as well as buildings. Drop to the ground and immediately cover your neck and head.
After an Earthquake
- Remain reassuring and calm. Check yourself especially if you have committed injuries. Do not move injured people unless they are at risks. Use your trainings to provide first aid, clean up the spills and eventually make use of fire extinguishers.
- Expect for earthquake aftershocks. After large kind of earthquakes, aftershocks and tremors can always continue for few days.
- Be ready to act without lights or electricity. Know how you are going to move around and how to exit in dark areas. You need to be aware on how to use emergency supplies and the objects that have shifted during the shaking process.
- If you are going to leave a building, you need to use extreme caution. Frequently, evaluate your surroundings and have a lookout on other hazards such as falling debris. Take your personal items, keys and emergency supplies with you all the time for your own safety. Do not enter damaged buildings and areas especially if it’s not yet safe to do so.
- Use your mobile phones to report what happened in your area. This is very essential especially if you are highly in need of emergency services to save your life.
Surviving an earthquake situation is very essential in order to save your life from this threatening disaster. You just need to be prepared all the time to assure that you are ready when this disaster strikes in your area.